Monterey County offers iconic California experiences, with a little something special for everyone, just waiting to be enjoyed. Experience the top road trip in the United States as you wind along the breathtaking Big Sur coastline on Highway 1. Book an ocean view hotel on the beach, and then explore the shops and attractions of iconic Cannery Row. Sip handcrafted wines at tucked-away tasting rooms where the winemaker might just be the person pouring. Take a surfing lesson and catch a glimpse of a barefoot beach wedding as you ride your board to shore. Play 18 holes at legendary golf courses, or just hang out at the 19th hole and watch the pros practice. Pack a picnic and watch the sunset on the white sands of Carmel Beach. Monterey is an unforgettable destination that will invigorate your soul.
The coastal beauty in and around Pebble Beach is legendary. From the legendary Lone Cypress, one of the most photographed trees in North America, to the famed eighteenth green of Pebble Beach Golf Links, a trip along 17-Mile Drive will leave you spellbound. And once the storybook tour is complete, an unforgettable dining experience awaits at one of the many Pebble Beach restaurants:
- Gallery CafeTM - Early-to-rise golfers will appreciate a wide selection of breakfast choices ranging from protein filled smoothies to Huevos Rancheros, to Chorizo Biscuits and Gravy as well as the best cup of coffee around. For a casual lunch, try Gallery Cafe’s excellent make your own burgers and ample specialty sandwiches paired with one of our outstanding desserts (we recommend the House-made Cinnamon Sticky Roll) or something from our full bar. We invite our guests to come by for a quick meal or leisure around at our Cafe.
- The Bench - Overlooking the 18th hole at Pebble Beach Golf Links, The Bench at The Lodge at Pebble Beach delivers an eclectic menu inspired by international styles and methods, and uses the innovative technique of wood roasting and open-flame cooking. You can also enjoy an array of wines on tap as well as premium micro draft beers.
- Roys at Pebble Beach - Featuring wonderfully eclectic breakfast, lunch and dinner menus sure to please all tastes and palates, Roy’s at Pebble Beach pairs an energetic, oceanside dining experience with a unique Hawaiian-fusion theme. Enjoy perfectly-prepared seafood dishes, a dynamic wine list and exceptional desserts.
- SticksTM- Enjoy a hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner at this perfect spot for down-home comfort food before or after a round on the links. Soak up the sports-bar atmosphere with a cold draft beer or one of the many tasty appetizers surrounded by HDTVs, amazing golf memorabilia and priceless views of the Pacific coastline.
Things to Do While in Monterey, CA
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Located at the ocean's edge, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is a window to marine life -- for dive masters and non-swimmers alike. It's home to sea otters, penguins, sharks, jellies and thousands of other marine animals and plants. Its mission is to inspire conservation of the ocean.
- 17-Mile Drive - Follow 17-Mile Drive’s red-dotted line to arrive at an enchanting world full of dramatic coastal cliffs, snow-white beaches, mystical forests and iconic golf courses. Discover one of the most scenic drives in the world as you meet the inspiring Lone Cypress, ponder the giant trees at Crocker Grove, digest the untouched beauty at Fanshell Beach, behold the power of the Restless Sea at Point Joe, stroll the boardwalk above the beach at Spanish Bay, and much, much more.
- Whale Watching - Monterey Bay Whale Watch offers year-round whale watching trips to observe the spectacular diversity and abundance of whales and dolphins inhabiting the Bay. Monterey is the best place in the nation to view a variety of marine mammals and seabirds. The Monterey Submarine Canyon approaches close to the shore at Moss Landing, allowing deep water species of whales, dolphins, and seabirds to occur near the coast. Shallow water species, such as the gray whale, are found very close to shore in the narrow shelf region.
- Cannery Row - Cannery Row is the Central Coast’s premier visitor destination. Home to some of the most luxurious hotels, world-class restaurants, boutiques & galleries, spas, premium wine tasting & exciting recreation Monterey has to offer, including the best nightlife. Walk everywhere. The breathtaking coastline of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary is the backdrop for every Cannery Row experience. Parking is never a problem, and everything is within walking distance.