INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Information
(1) We will use the information provided to us by you to provide you with information and access to thousands of specialist and activity holidays around the world available from third party product and service providers in which you may be interested, which may involve the disclosure and processing of your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our group companies for business purposes and also to companies (including without limitation product and service providers) who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to credit and fraud agencies or our other service providers operating systems or business functions on our behalf (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These business purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, service quality, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(3) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By using our services and proceeding with a search, you are signifying your explicit consent to such sensitive personal data being disclosed to and processed by ourselves, the product and/or service providers and/or its agents.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot do business with you.
Direct Marketing Material
(1) We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies. Our websites will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking.
(2) You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
(3) If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below.
(1) On completing our Data Subject Access Request form, you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (for a £10 fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use our “unsubscribe email” or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
(3) For a list of our group companies or brands, please send us your request.
Please write to Thomson Sport (UK) Limited, Legal Department, TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QL.
Please note that controls on data protection in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
Use of Tools/"Cookies" and Links to Other Websites
If our contact and dealing with you is via our website(s), we may use HTTP cookies. These cookies allow us to identify your computer but not you personally.
We may use information we hold and cookies to identify your individual website behaviour, searches, preferences, facilitate your activities on our website(s) and provide you with services and offers.
• If you also receive our email marketing, we will tailor the information we send you unless you tell us not to. This will enable us to send you more personalised and relevant communications. You will be given the opportunity on every communication to opt-out of this personalisation.
• When you are on our website, we may interact with you and/or provide you with personalised information. We do this by using cookies to identify your individual website behaviour which allows us to provide you with more relevant personalised communications.
When you are online but off our site, to help us deliver advertising effectively and avoid repeating adverts, we employ cookies. These cookies allow us to provide advertising off site which is more relevant to a user’s interests. The information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain a user’s name, address, telephone number or email address.
Our website(s) may use a variety of cookies, the cookies we use and what we use them for are explained in our statement on cookies.
Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security and fraud, we may monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; and (3) activities at all points of contact. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.