Regulation of the Federal Agency for Tourism
The Federal Agency for Tourism exercises the following functions in public property management and the provision of state services within the established scope of activities:
- Performs public regulation in the priority areas of tourism activities in the Russian Federation.
- Exercise law enforcement functions in the sphere of tourism.
- Generates and administers the Single Federal Register of tour operators
- Informs tour operators, tour agents and tourists of security risks for tourist in the country (place) of temporary residence in due course.
- Promotes tourism products on the domestic and world tourism markets
- Assists Russian Federation constituent entities and municipalities in the development of tourism in the respective territories.
- Exercises the functions of the state customer of federal target, scientific-technical and innovative programs and projects.
- Interacts with the public authorities of foreign state and international organizations, including representation of the interest of the Russian federation in international organizations upon the instructions of the Government of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
- Establishes missions outside the Russian Federation in the sphere of tourism.
- Organizes the reception of citizens, ensures the prompt and comprehensive examination of verbal and written inquiries of citizens, the adoption of decisions thereon, and the provision of applicants with replies within the period established by applicable Russian Federation law.
- Ensures the protection f information classified as a state secret within its scope of competence.
- Organizes congresses, conferences, workshops, exhibitions, and other events within the established scope of activities.
- Enforces measures of support for small and medium-sized business entities aimed at their development, including the implementation of targeted departmental programs, with the established scope of activities.
- Exercises other functions in public property management and the provision of state services within the established scope of activities, where such functions are established by the appropriate federal laws and regulations of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation.
- Exercises the functions of chief controller and received of the federal budgetary funds allocated for maintenance of the Agency and implementation of the functions assigned thereto.
Foreign national or stateless person needs a visa to enter the Russian Federation, except for citizens of the states with which the Russian Federation.
Foreign citizens may enter into the Russian Federation without a visa if there is an agreement. You may check the list of such agreements here: List of agreements (/doc/en/list_ of_ agrrements.doc)
In order to have a visa issued, a foreign citizen shall apply to a Russian consular office according to his/her place of permanent residence.
Based on the priciple of reciprocity, a list of countries is provided, the citizens of which are free from this restriction. This list is available here: List of countries (/doc/en/svodn_dannie-En.doc)
Russian consular offices issue visas according to the purpose of visit and period of stay of a foreigner in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Regardless of the visa category the applicant must submit to the Russian consulate the following documents:
Valid foreign (diplomatic, service and ordinary) passport or other identity document and accepted as such by the Russian Federation.
The passport should not raise any doubts as to the authenticity and accessories to its owner, contain stipulations, clauses, records, erasures and corrections, are not certified by the competent authorities of the foreign state, torn or embroidered pages, must have at least two blank pages intended for visas, his life acts as a rule, should not expire earlier than six months from the date of expiry of the visa. In the case of issuing a foreign citizen ordinary private visa by the need to enter the Russian Federation for emergency treatment or because of serious illness or death of a close relative validity of the passport must not expire before the expiry of the visa. In the case of issuance of educational or working visa validity period of passport should not expire earlier than in a year and a half since the start of the visa.
2) Completed application form.
3) One photograph size of 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
Photo size 3,5 x 4,5 cm (either black and white or color) with a clear full-face image of a person without his glasses with tinted glasses and without headgear (except for foreign citizens, for whom the constant wearing of a hat is a must attribute their nationality or religion, provided that the foreigner is shown in a headdress in the photograph in the passport).
4) On the basis of reciprocity of visa fee will be charged.
For more information about the consular fees charged for the issue of visas is available on the website of the relevant Russian consular offices abroad .
5) documents, depending on the visa category .
Visa is issued only after the submission to the consular office. A set of documents for a visa application must be submitted personally by the applicant or his legal representative. Upon receipt of the documents and payment collection applicant receives a receipt with the date the visa is ready. Receipt must be submitted to obtain a visa. Upon receipt of the visa applicant has to verify the correctness of filling in the visa corresponding boxes: name, travel dates, passport number, date of birth, etc. and, if necessary, promptly return visa for the amendment. Regardless of the multiplicity of visas obtained total period of stay of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation may not exceed 90 days per period of 180 days. This provision does not apply to foreigners entering on work and education visas.
Consulate reserves the right in case there are grounds to deny a visa to the applicant. In case of failure of the paid fee is not refundable visa.
Categories of visas:
- Tourist visa: For tourist visa the applicant must submit to the consulate: Passport, completed visa application form, two photographs, the collection (see. "Required Documents" ); Acknowledgment of foreign tourist organization engaged in tour operator activities. Tourist visas can be single or double valid for up to 30 days. Confirmation of reservations (order) of the hotel is not the basis for the issuance of visas.
- Study visa: To obtain student visa applicant must submit to the consulate: Passport, completed visa application form, two photographs, the collection (see. "Required Documents" ); The original invitation issued to the subdivision of the FMS of Russia; A certificate of absence of HIV infection (valid for 3 months). At registration of passport validity study visa must be at least one and a half years.
- Transit visa: To obtain a transit visa, the applicant must submit to the consulate: Passport, completed visa application form, two photographs, the collection (see. "Required Documents" ); Valid for departure from the Russian Federation, tickets; A visa to enter contiguous with the Russian Federation on the route of the State or the State of destination visa or passport of that state. Transit visa to a foreign citizen, the next through the territory of the Russian Federation in the country of destination by air, shall be issued for a period not exceeding 3 days. A foreign citizen with direct air flight over the territory of the Russian Federation, a transit visa is not required.
Issues of Travel Insurance
For the legal stay in Russia all foreign nationals are required to obtain a voluntary health insurance policy on the day of arrival for the entire period of stay in Russia, regardless of the purpose of the visit. The minimum amount of insurance for foreign nationals is RUB 100,000. The voluntarily medical insurance policy for foreign nationals provides an opportunity to visit a healthcare institution in Russia and receive free medical attention based on the amount of insurance. Unless foreign nationals on the territory of Russia have a voluntary medical insurance policy, or if the insurance amount is less than RUB 100,000, an administrative liability in a form of a fine of RUB 2,000-7,000 (depending on region) is imposed. A voluntary medical insurance policy can be purchased by the employer or a foreign national themselves upon the arrival to Russia from one of the insurance companies providing this type of services. The contact information of the institutions providing medical attention based on insurance policies is available on the websites of Territorial compulsory medical insurance funds.
Republic of Mordovia
The Republic of Mordovia was established in 1930. It is a part of the Volga Federal District. Its area is 26 thousand sq. km, its population - 833 thousand, of which 60% live in towns and cities. There are many ethnic Tatars in the republic; 46 Tatar residential places, schools, and a newspaper exist. The official languages are the Russian, the Moksha, and the Erzya.
The capital of the republic is the city of Saransk, situated in the Moscow time zone about
500 km away from Moscow (in a straight line). The population of Saransk is 339.4 thousand. 27% of the territory is covered with forests. The climate is continental, with the average temperature of January -110 and the average temperature of July +190.
There are a lot of rivers in Mordovia; the main rivers are the Moksha, the Sura and their tributaries.
Saransk is considered a centre of uniting the Russian and the Finno-Ugric cultures. The richness of the Mordovian history may be appreciated in the republic united museum of local history named after I.D. Voronin. Of much interest are also the concerts of the Mordovian song ensemble Kucuhugury, regularly held in Saransk. In winter, the exhibition fair of articles of folk art trades of Finno-Ugric peoples is held in Saransk, which may be interesting to ethnographists and those who just take interest in folk trades.
Outside Saransk, the history of the republic has survived in the settlement of Ardatovo (18th-century buildings, the local history museum), the settlement of Vedyantsy (a wooden church dated the 19th century), the Sanksas Monastery (the 18th century ensemble, the grave of Admiral Ushakov), and in many towns of the republic.
Mordovia offers wide opportunities for health tourism: health resorts Saranskiy, Alatyrskiy and Moksha apply mineral water and peaty therapeutic muds recommended at disorders of digestive organs, blood circulatory system, musculoskeletal disorders, and
Nature lovers will be attracted by the Smolniy national park, established in 1995. There, rare species of plants and animals are being preserved; access to certain zones of the park is allowed only to specialists, but there also a special recreational zone, where even burning fires is permitted. Environmental paths, pedestrian routes, and one bus excursion route are established for tourists.
The Mordovian State Reserve named after P.G. Smidovich, established in 1936, has a longer history. The Moksha River runs over the territory of the reserve and also a lot of small rivers, which sometimes fully disappear in summer and may be seen only in spring, during high water. The forest area of the reserve is of the taiga type. Lady's slippers, water chestnuts and other most rare plant species grow in the territory of the reserve. The fauna of the reserve is also very rich: you can meet there jerboas, beavers, lynxes, bears, axis deer, Siberian stags, and others. The Nature Museum, opened in 1936, works at the reserve; a rich collection devoted to the history of development of the reserve and the animals harbouring therein has been gathered by now. Each year, events linked to the International Day of Birds, the Day of Reserves, and the Day of Environmental protection are held in the reserve.
Ethnographists and those fond of the Finno-Ugric culture are attracted with the Shumbrat, Finno-Ugria! annual festival, to which delegations arrive from Hungary, Finland, Estonia, and from other regions of Russia. Free performances of musical and theatrical teams, exhibitions, contests, master classes in folk trades are held there.
For more detailed information on the Republic, please refer to Internet resources of governmental authorities of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation.